Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Few Rants

The pallid gloom that had descended on my mind for the past two days culminated in a disastrous Valentine's Day. The gloom was not the effect of some loss or sadness, rather it was the vacuum in my mind. It's my biggest foe- the lack of passion, the lack of desire. My immediate concerns are:

1. The K gd/pi was not so good. I might not make it. With the A interview only 10 days away, it's time to pull up my socks.
2. Today, I lost my cellphone again or perhaps it was stolen. I'm tired of my clumsiness. I'm ashamed of losing stuff bought with my family's hard-earned money. I have to lodge a police complaint tomorrow and get a replacement SIM card soon. I know the process. Just did it last month. And a few months before that too.
3. The mid-semester test is coming up. Three days to go and I have barely started the preparations. I cannot afford to score badly this semester. And yes, there are assignments to be completed; one is to be submitted tomorrow. I'll start writing now.
4. My project guide was searching for our group today. We haven't seen her in more than 2 months. Worse, we haven't started work on the project. Shameful. We have to start in earnest now.
5. I haven't seen my driving instructor in quite a while. 6 more sessions to go, followed by the test. I wonder when I'm going to get a license.

Ah well, tough times are here again, though they are self-inflicted. I see an exciting month and a half ahead. As always, everything will fall into place. Yes, it will.

4 comments:

"tHe bAla$" said...

LOL..

cudnt help but agree with wanderer...

these are the kinda situations which often bring the best out of u...who knws maybe 24th is ur date wit destiny mate ;)

Fiddler said...

I guess you could add a few more "could've been" kind of rants as well. I am sure you know precisely what I'm hinting at. ;)

Cheers!

Amogh said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys! And I have to do something when my ass is on fire :D

@fiddler
yeah... but then, as bala tells me, I cannot have everything in life. And if I did, I'd lose the desire itself! The search continues...

Sharvari said...

c'mon yaar... dont be disheartened! At least u realise what exactly the problem is... some ppl dont even realise...
'A' is waiting for you. I m sure u will make it. :)