Thursday, January 3, 2008

Trash I Stash!

A few days back, my drawer no.1 (the most important one, since it houses my wallet) started leaking papers from the brim. "Time to clean up", I thought. Following is a list of some of the items found:

1. A discarded passport application form

2. Wrappers of Orbit Winterfrost(green) and Spearmint(blue)

3. A mid-semester test paper - Signal Processing I (September, 2006)

4. Design of sawtooth generator using UJT relaxation oscillator.
The paper describing one of our circuits for the Electronics Workshop (October, 2006)

5. A DI practice exercise I solved at TIME.

6. A detailed action plan for October, which I never stuck to.

7. A plastic bag with a thread tied around its neck- I had used it to plug a leak in the overflow pipe of the overhead water storage tank. Not that it worked!

8. A list of candidates for the EESA (The students association) committee of last year.

9. The introductory speech I had prepared for my German oral exam.

10.The case of an anti-allergy ointment!

11. The registration card for a vaccination camp:

Hepatitis 'B' liberation campaign - Get vaccinated for Rs.20
Combo pack: Hepatitis B + Typhoid for Rs.200 only
Free dose for handicap, blinds and B.P.L. Card holders.

I don't know how I managed to get myself registered for it. And worse, I didn't go.
Nonetheless, Rs.20 for the Hepatitis B liberation campaign.

12. A paper where I had noted the various errors that my previous PC (it's still on the table) had thrown up as excuses not to work.(All these during a single breakdown last year)

i. System Error
Windows cannot read from drive C.

ii. System Error
Sector not found reading drive C
Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail? (All are ways of saying "Buzz off, you jerk!")

iii.Unable to write to disk in Drive C.
Data or files may be lost.

iv.If this is a network, make sure the network is working.
If it is a local disk, check disk

Bless my old PC. It didn't bungle up even once during the online applications!

13. Miscellaneous items:

i. Britannia Khao World Cup Jao - World Cup 99 Ticket Book

ii. 50 pencils of 5 different brands. 20 non-functional pens.4 pencil batteries.

iii. Hundreds of regular and stapler pins- out of their boxes naturally.

iv. Wires, soldering material, push-button switches, remnants of a dynamo-powered torch, my
last digital wristwatch, a stapler, a comb and my WALLET.

4 comments:

Fiddler said...

Neat minds, cluttered drawers!

"tHe bAla$" said...

hmmm...

well u havent mentioned ur college bag..

tht wd b worth a watch :D

Amogh said...

Haha.... well, my bag contains certain things that cannot be mentioned here :D. Ask Srivathsa for further details!

Aditya Sengupta said...

"If a Cluttered Desk is a Sign of a Cluttered Mind, What's an Empty Desk a Sign Of?" -Albert Einstein

Hey, if Einstein was cool with clutter, who are we to argue? ;-)