Wednesday, May 14, 2008

RIP DP

It's been only a few minutes since I stopped crying. DP, my friend is no more. He died in a bike accident this night. I had known this bloke right from the first year of B.Tech. A strapping lad- smart, suave and handsome. The goalkeeper of the college football team. He had this peculiar way of laughing, where he would put his hand on his stomach and let out a staccato laugh. And people would imitate this laughter when pulling his leg. And he was laughing this evening as we chatted in the quadrangle. Feeling bored, he asked for my Ipod and listened to a couple of songs. And then we'll played basketball. Here I was, right next to him, jostling for the ball. And now he's gone. Poof! Just like that. He would get his engineering degree in a few days (posthumously now). He was placed in a good company. And so a promising young life ends.

Is this a dream or is it all a dream? This puts everything into perspective- life, existence, the fickleness of it all. At times, I used to wonder how I'd manage if my parents died someday. Terrible though the thought might have been, I would steel myself to think about such a situation. As I see it now, such pain is only another flavor of life, making it the smorgasbord it should be. I know, that a few years down the line, when I look back at these times, I'll see the laughing Daidipya Kamble. Not the pain, not the tears. Only the good times we've shared at V.J.T.I. Rest in peace buddy!

9 comments:

Mithi said...

You'v touched my heart. i know Daidipya Father very closely, and thus knew he was truely a remarkable young boy. Still havent been able to digest that he's no longer with us. Is extremely difficult for us to digest this fact- am sure must be harder for you too..
His loss can never be forgotten..
Take care.

Abhinav Maurya said...

RIP DP. I'm speechless and feel terrible, and I bet that you are chuckling in heaven at our distress. I remember you for being a friend and there is nothing better than that in this world.

These are trying times for me. I'm just too washed out with this unending sadness. First Peter who heads Caferati, a vibrant community of Indian writers and who is a very sweet and selfless person had a heart attack and is in hosp. And now DP. Just Like That. The irony of youth.

And with Tibet, Myanmar and Jaipur, it seems that there is no end to God's play of killing us for sport. I just don't feel like giving words to my grief; they demean it by making it kitsch. I just dunno what to say.

Unknown said...

Farewell Daidipya.



Daidipya is no more with us.

Daidipya had slogged too much to attain a touch of class to his educational excellence. He was doing his B.Tech from VJTI and had almost completed it by giving his last paper just few days back. Now was the time for him to enjoy life. But the Jewel in the Family was loved more than his dear ones by the Almighty, so much so that He called him to his humble abode far too early.

Apart from studies, he was selected by the Institute’s Football team to be their Goal keeper although he was much junior in the team. His continuous smile and zest for life made one and all like him very much.

He was very caring and had a very protective attitude at home and did more than any body in his family to take care of his aging grand mother. He did the household cores with ease, without feeling ashamed or shy of doing so.

He was loved also by the children because he became a child to make them happy.

He cared for all who came to visit his home, whether poor or rich. He respected them all.

No one may find a single black spot in his life which was objectionable. May his bereaved family be given courage by God to bear this great loss.

The most priceless pearl who could have made a great difference not only to his family but to the whole world at large has left us. May The Almighty God give his soul eternal rest.

Sneha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Apurva said...

hi i'm dp's sister.
Thanks guys for kind words.He really was the best brother.
Best of luck.

anaghaa said...

This post was emotionally objective. I didnt know DP, he must have been my senior at VJTI, just as you are.

And yes, they say all this is a dream. Like something we are watching at a theatre. And that crying and complaining abt life is like taking a movie seriously. I've HEARD.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
V C Kamble said...

Five years & odd had passed, but not a single moment is passing without your memories. We always feel that you are just around and will come and tell to mummy that "Aai Tu Kiti Hushaar( Aai, how clever you are)! & give innocent smile; but ......... We have to caution our mind that you had became a Glittering(DAIDIPYAman) Star..... And our eyes steer towards the sky and watch the Star, untill it hides within the tears.............#. Loving Pappa

Manoj said...

Missing u a lot DP